Thames Anglers' Conservancy Members Forum
TAC Members Forum
If you have arrived here and not yet signed up as a member,
please register below using your real name.

Please create a Username that is your First Name and Surname eg. "Joe Bloggs"
(This will ensure quicker activation and save us the need to contact you about changing it)

Our Forum Membership uses Real Names only.
Aliases, Handles, Pseudonyms or any other types of made-up name are not allowed.
This helps to keep it an open and friendly place. Thanks!

www.rivertac.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  TAC Home PageTAC Home Page  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thames Water live discharge map
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 6:32 pm by Ed Randall

» Feargal Sharkey accuses Thames Water of sewage 'dumping'
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 4:24 pm by Ed Randall

» COVID-19 - Get Fishing Again
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 1:04 pm by Julian Jones

» Eel Trap Molesey - 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:29 pm by Glyn Jones

» GAS STOVES
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 7:13 am by Keith Collett

» Man missing in Thames at Shepperton
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 3:27 pm by Ed Randall

» Semi-Tidal Draw off 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 pm by Ed Randall

» Citizen Science forum at ZSL ~ 29th October 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:19 pm by Ed Randall

» Citizen Crane Forum ~ 16th and 29th October 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:16 pm by Ed Randall

» Tidefest match result 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am by Ed Randall

» Closed season retained following public consultation
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:20 pm by Ed Randall

» Houseboat destroyed by fire in Hampton
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 am by Ed Randall

» Local tackle shops
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm by Trevor Rowe

» New Season, New Licence...
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 am by Julian Jones

» FORCE Clean-Up in Donkey Wood ~ Sun 14th April 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 am by Ed Randall

» The Big one - Farnborough 23rd-24th March 2019
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 am by Keith Collett

» Thames So Full Of Cocaine It’s Pranging Out London’s Eels
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 am by Trevor Rowe

» "Citizen Crane" project - sampling dates
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 am by Ed Randall

» New Members: Real Names please
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:36 am by Ed Randall

» Semi-Tidal draw-off 2018
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:44 pm by Ed Randall

» Thames Water Blitz - 19th/20th October 2018
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 7:21 pm by Ed Randall

» Citizen Crane Forum ~ 26th October 2018
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:41 pm by Ed Randall

» Invitation to the 2018 Eel forum ~ 15th October
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:38 pm by Ed Randall

» Mystery of dead eels found in rivers
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:43 pm by Ed Randall

» Eel Trap Clean Up/ training 5th May 2018 10am
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:40 pm by Ed Randall

» A new address for 2017 ~ forum.rivertac.org
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm by Admin

» Hampton Riviera removed
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:41 pm by Ed Randall

» Roads closed everywhere ~ July 29th/30th ~ bike race
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 am by John LeSurf

» *Thames Tunnel (Tideway Tunnel)*
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am by John LeSurf

» new hotel at hampton court means loss of fishing
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm by Ed Randall

Angling Data View
River Levels
UK Map

Thames Tides

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY

Go down 
+2
Ed Randall
Keith Collett
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

Male Posts : 2557

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Empty
PostSubject: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 6:28 pm

Hello Fellow T.A.C. and Fisher-Persons

For those that do know and the people who do not know, in 2007 I thought about starting up a Family fishing club as no one in Runnymede was doing this, but had to put it on hold, over the next few years after gathering lots of information, about fishing, how fishing clubs run their clubs, other events, organizations who hate angling, made lots of telephone calls to a lot of people, then 2 years ago got the ball rolling again, got a small grant, paper work in, due to the complicity of the club and what the club is all about, the people and different organizations involved, it took a lot of time and delays, then just as I was getting there, someone put his boot in and try to stop me and the club from forming, some people will know this person, he is now out of the picture, he delayed this club by about a year, but now the paper work has been signed, money sent off, the club is up and running, the Addlestone Bourne is now covered by Fish legal/angling trust against pollution/fish kills.
The aim of the club is to get families involved in fishing, but not just fishing, it’s the following, bee keeping, bird watching, bat watching, kicking (bug finding), butterfly monitoring, river bank maintenance, the club has got plains to plant some apple/pear trees, get up to £50,000 to get a pond dug at the bottom end of our area in the wooded area, plus get rid of the Impatiens glandulifera, that’s Himalayan Balsam, which a few members of TAC and other people over the last few years have been clearing.
The club itself is free to join, the water we have and surrounding land/area I have got for free, the club can survived on donations and small do’s,
The Black Cherry Fair is going to be the grand opening of the club, there will be up to 15,000/20,000 people there, weather permitting, this is going to be on 12 July, no fishing club has ever done anything like this before.

I am after around 20+ volunteers to help out, each stand will introduce a fishing discipline, (see pic) so when families turn up, they get a hands on experience plus a 15mins talk on the kit they are looking at, it’s all about numbers game, get them interested and onto the next stall,
For more info on club please ask or ring, send me your number and I can ring you

Many thanks

keith

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Map_of12

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Stall_10

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Pic_of10
Back to top Go down
Ed Randall

Ed Randall

Male Posts : 3326

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 7:37 pm

Brilliant Keith, excellent, well done  sunny BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY 2175969594 
Back to top Go down
Ed Randall

Ed Randall

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 9:03 am

Mattthew & me should be able to help out at this, at least part of the day on Saturday 12th.  We will probably wear our TAC T-shirts though, if that's OK?  Smile 

I had some ideas (you've probably got lots already):

Get some fish tanks with gravel on the bottom to show how different lines show up in the water, and also how different floats and leger rigs work, Pop-ups, zig rigs etc.

Get some material showing how we are kick-sampling to monitor water quality and pictures of bugs (or even some real bugs in the fish tank, but they might die if its a hot day?)

Get some killer shrimps to show off, (these can be dead & sealed in a clear plastic container to avoid bio-contamination) and some literature explaining the threat of invasive species.  Some Himalayan Balsam photos wouldn't go amiss either, and info how to pull it.

How much stall-space have you got to accomodate it all?
Don't forget to do the risk assessment  Razz 
http://www.blackcherryfair.com/
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Dear Fellow anglers, this is a call of help, next week, is the week that "BOURNE ANGLERS", IS UP AND RUNNING, I have booked a place at this fair "http://www.blackcherryfair.com/", to get people to sign up, but we need people to help out, around 10 to 20 volunteers for the day, around 5hrs, I have a Lv2 fishing instructor turning up, these volunteers will have to set up a small stand, of a chosen fishing discipline, ie, pike fishing, show of kit, explain what it does this for around 15mines per party, someone else does floote fishing, someone else does ladgering, someone does carp fishing, some one does knot tying, baits, fly fishing, so on and so on,

Now, thats get down to the legal side of it, I have spoken to Angling Trust and the people who do Hillinden, little Britten lakes, Lyin, all you have to do is join Bourne Angers for the day, it will not cost you any thing, I have sorted that out, you then set you camp up and await a family to turn up, with a paper from me saying that they have sign in, you then sign this paper, no paper, no demonstration, you have to very nicely inform them that they have to come to the main Bourne Anglers stand and sign in, you will not be doing any 1 to 1, leave that to the Lv2 and Lv1 fishing instructors, the parents or guardians have to be there as well, if the parents/guardians leave, they have to take the children with them,

around 15,000 families will be there, so there will lots of kids wonting to try out fishing, so it will be a busy day,

if any one has any question just ring me 07411374542

many thanks,

please volunteer and help out

keith

Back to top Go down
Mike Box

Male Posts : 49

PostSubject: black cherry   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 11:46 am

Would have loved to help keith but is my birthday and my lady is taking me away for the weekend.

I do hope you get the help you need.

Mike Box
Back to top Go down
Paul Snell

Male Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 11:55 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Ed Randall

Ed Randall

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 3:21 pm

Hi Keith, Matthew & me will be able to help out for at least half the day,
what time do you need people to get there for set-up,
how are you going to allocate slots
etc.
Cheers, Ed
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 4:37 pm

cheers Ed, the stand area is next to the river, writing in red, lots of room, away from the faire, river Abby, plus the kicking will be there as well,
Back to top Go down
William Pettigrew

William Pettigrew

Male Posts : 1125

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 5:52 pm

good luck keith,you deserve some success,youve put a lot of time into this.
i heard you on fishermans snooze this morning,you came across very well.

good luck willie BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY 2175969594 
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 6:29 pm

cheers Willie,
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:04 pm

up date

HERE is an up-date, red spot is our place,   Bourna anglers,, timings are, all vehicles of field by 0930hrs, some of the roads will be close for the parade, start of fair will be around 1100hrs, fair finishes at 1700hrs, but individuals  can go earlier, I have to stay, red line is to river

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Black_10
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:09 pm

locations of fishing displays and fishing/kicking

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Fishin10
Back to top Go down
Paul Snell

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Keith - what goes on in the crescent-shaped area you've labeled in red as "stands area"? All the stands actually appear to be on cricket pitch next to the road.
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Paul Snell wrote:
Keith - what goes on in the crescent-shaped area you've labeled in red as "stands area"?  All the stands actually appear to be on cricket pitch next to the road.

thats where the stands are for fishing demonstrations, thats our bit, so far we have 3 people helping out, need at lest 10 more,  

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Demers10

this is area for fishing and kicking

kicking
BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Img_1410

fishing,  some where along here

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Img_1411

plus there is a procession, so if anoff people turn up, we could be in it and shout out, "FREE Magots", while throwing rice,

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Rout10
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Back to top Go down
William Pettigrew

William Pettigrew

Male Posts : 1125

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:31 am

keef,how did this go?
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 9:40 pm

not 2 Bad Willey, had 20 plus people sign up and around 20 people looking to join, got the word out wot we were doing, thats the main thing, now have to get paper work sorted, e-mails sorted, then get a day organized to get all the memberes together

many thanks for asking  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Paul Snell

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 2:38 pm

I think Keith is being a bit too modest - he did a brilliant job organising the whole thing and galvanising some great help: the instructors from Henfold Lakes were particularly good and ED+Matthew did a great job tying up a few interested souls in knots.

The main stand always seemed busy to me with interested people - whenever I was able to pull myself away from the fly-tying chap (who tied me a couple of great-looking bespoke flies that I know will catch me a few grayling when I get up to Yorkshire in October, if not when I'm there in August too).

It would have been nice to have got a few more people to visit the activity stands down by the river. Perhaps I should have spent more time up at the main stand helping persuade people to make the 3 minute walk, but it's always going to be a struggle getting people at a general event like that to leave the main area of action. However nearly all those that did take the trip down spent some time there watching knot and fly tying, catching a small number of tiddlers from the very clear and shallow stretch of river and generally talking about fishing.  

I think a few lapsed fisherfolk will have been persuaded to take up rods again, not least the Special who claimed to have caught an unclaimed record 8lb Thames chub from a stretch near Sonning whilst lure fishing for pike a few years back. Being police he must be telling the truth ;-)

To me, signing up 20 members is a brilliant result - quintuples the existing membership and even if half of those that signed and those that expressed interest actually become active members we would have had a great start. With such numbers on board, we ought to be able to do a really good job at next year's fair (I'm assuming there will be a next time). With more help and access to more resources numbers could grow exponentially.

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but if there is a next time, I think it would be good to have a formal TAC presence, I'm sure the combined effort would be beneficial to both parties.

BTW - Happy Birthday Keith. I hope you've still got some 'float' left to buy yourself a beer or two to celebrate (as treasurer I'd be happy to endorse such expenditure).
Back to top Go down
Steve Holmes

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 pm

Enjoyable write-up Paul.

Well done chaps - sounds like things are progressing well BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY 3927873466 
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Many thanks for that Paul, it took 2 years to get this far, hopferly I can get a club meeting organized by the end of the month, August, not July,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY   BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY Empty

Back to top Go down

BOURNE ANGLERS AND BLACK CHERRY FAIR CHERTSEY 12 JULY
Page 1 of 1