The Angling Trust - A TAC message from Chairman Mike Heylin
River fisheries have always been a key part of the angling world and the Trust fight to protect our rivers, stillwaters and seas for all anglers.
We represent the interests of all TAC members and want to involve you in our work fighting for the future of fishing.
The Angling Trust made the decision to work with TAC as our consultative for the Thames below the Staines Stone because we support its innovative and proactive approach to the problems that face angling on the river.
We support TAC’s direct approach to campaigning and acknowledge the admirable results that have been achieved, many of which have common ground with these following core areas of the Trust’s work...
* We fight to protect fish stocks from disease and pollution.
* Our unique legal arm, Fish Legal, takes legal action to repair and stop damage to fishing owned or leased by our members.
* Our Building Bridges project explains UK angling laws and customs to anglers from Eastern Europe and ensures legal fishing.
* We support the Crimestoppers initiative to fight fish-related crime.
* We help young people to learn how to fish responsibly and we train and licence coaches
* We promote the benefits of angling to all.
* We represent anglers' interests to Government, the Environment Agency, British Waterways and Natural England.
* We organise national competitions and manage Team England Angling in all disciplines.
* We get exclusive deals for our members.
To do all of this and (more!) we need members of TAC to support us by joining the Angling Trust too.
More members = More influence = More results.
Annual Membership of the Angling Trust is only £25.00 - that’s less than 50p a week to support YOUR sport and YOUR representative body.
It’s really simple...
Birdwatchers join the RSPB.
Shooters join BASC
As an angler YOU should join the Angling Trust.
Without you on board we will not be able to do all we want and need to. But with you on board we will all be stronger.
So isn’t it time you got on board? Join the Angling Trust today.
Go to www.anglingtrust.net
or call 0844 77 00 616 – do it NOW.
Mike Heylin, Chairman.