Thames Anglers' Conservancy Members Forum
TAC Members Forum
If you have arrived here and not yet signed up as a member,
please register below using your real name.

Please create a Username that is your First Name and Surname eg. "Joe Bloggs"
(This will ensure quicker activation and save us the need to contact you about changing it)

Our Forum Membership uses Real Names only.
Aliases, Handles, Pseudonyms or any other types of made-up name are not allowed.
This helps to keep it an open and friendly place. Thanks!

www.rivertac.org
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  TAC Home PageTAC Home Page  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Navigation
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Thames Water live discharge map
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Jan 21, 2023 6:32 pm by Ed Randall

» Feargal Sharkey accuses Thames Water of sewage 'dumping'
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Sep 04, 2020 4:24 pm by Ed Randall

» COVID-19 - Get Fishing Again
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySun Jun 07, 2020 1:04 pm by Julian Jones

» Eel Trap Molesey - 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyTue May 05, 2020 12:29 pm by Glyn Jones

» GAS STOVES
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyWed Apr 15, 2020 7:13 am by Keith Collett

» Man missing in Thames at Shepperton
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyTue Jan 21, 2020 3:27 pm by Ed Randall

» Semi-Tidal Draw off 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyMon Oct 28, 2019 9:55 pm by Ed Randall

» Citizen Science forum at ZSL ~ 29th October 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:19 pm by Ed Randall

» Citizen Crane Forum ~ 16th and 29th October 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 4:16 pm by Ed Randall

» Tidefest match result 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyTue Sep 10, 2019 8:50 am by Ed Randall

» Closed season retained following public consultation
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:20 pm by Ed Randall

» Houseboat destroyed by fire in Hampton
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyMon Aug 12, 2019 9:30 am by Ed Randall

» Local tackle shops
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm by Trevor Rowe

» New Season, New Licence...
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 12:24 am by Julian Jones

» FORCE Clean-Up in Donkey Wood ~ Sun 14th April 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySun Apr 21, 2019 8:19 am by Ed Randall

» The Big one - Farnborough 23rd-24th March 2019
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySun Feb 10, 2019 11:30 am by Keith Collett

» Thames So Full Of Cocaine It’s Pranging Out London’s Eels
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 9:27 am by Trevor Rowe

» "Citizen Crane" project - sampling dates
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:51 am by Ed Randall

» New Members: Real Names please
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyThu Jan 10, 2019 8:36 am by Ed Randall

» Semi-Tidal draw-off 2018
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Oct 27, 2018 5:44 pm by Ed Randall

» Thames Water Blitz - 19th/20th October 2018
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 7:21 pm by Ed Randall

» Citizen Crane Forum ~ 26th October 2018
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:41 pm by Ed Randall

» Invitation to the 2018 Eel forum ~ 15th October
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:38 pm by Ed Randall

» Mystery of dead eels found in rivers
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:43 pm by Ed Randall

» Eel Trap Clean Up/ training 5th May 2018 10am
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 6:40 pm by Ed Randall

» A new address for 2017 ~ forum.rivertac.org
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySun Aug 19, 2018 12:48 pm by Admin

» Hampton Riviera removed
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyThu Aug 16, 2018 10:41 pm by Ed Randall

» Roads closed everywhere ~ July 29th/30th ~ bike race
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyMon Aug 06, 2018 10:14 am by John LeSurf

» *Thames Tunnel (Tideway Tunnel)*
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyWed Jul 18, 2018 9:56 am by John LeSurf

» new hotel at hampton court means loss of fishing
Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyWed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm by Ed Randall

Angling Data View
River Levels
UK Map

Thames Tides

Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines

Go down 
+4
Ed Randall
Keith Collett
Kevin Russell
David Harvey
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David Harvey

David Harvey

Male Posts : 5381

Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines Empty
PostSubject: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:11 pm

20-Sep-2013
Three anglers have been fined by Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court for fishing illegally, two with unattended rods.

One was found sleeping and unable to attend to his rods should they hook a fish, an offence designed to protect the health of fish. Two of them also failed to give their addresses to officers.
Environment Agency bailiffs found the men on routine patrols. All three were also fishing with an unlicensed rod.

Greg Holbrow of Albion Street, Rowhedge, Colchester was found fishing illegally and with unattended rods on 01 May 2013 at Green Lane Farm, Weeley, Essex.  He was found asleep and also failed to state his address when asked to by the Fisheries Enforcement Officer. 

He failed to enter pleas to Chelmsford Magistrates Court on Tuesday (17 Sep) and was found guilty of three offences in his absence.

Holbrow was fined a total of £500, ordered to pay costs of £127 and a victim surcharge of £20.

(1) Section 27(1)(A) SAFFA 1975: in a place where fishing is regulated fished for freshwater fish or eels by means of an unlicensed fishing instrument, namely rod and line.
Fined £200, costs £127 and victim surcharge £20

(2) Byelaw 10 of the Environment Agency National Byelaws 2001 made pursuant to Section 210 and Schedule 25 of the Water Resources Act 1991 and contrary to Section 211 of the said Act, left a rod and line with the bait or hook in the water unattended.
Fined £100

(3) Section 35(3) SAFFA 1975 failed to state his address to a water bailiff having power to make such a request.
Fined £200 
Aaron Pryor or Station Road, Cuffley, Potters Bar was found fishing illegally and failed to state his name and address to a water bailiff at Lake John Fishery, Aimes Green on 16 May 2013. In his absence he was fined a total of £74 and was ordered to pay costs of £127 and a victim surcharge of £20.

Pryor pleaded guilty to:
(1) Section 27(1)(A) SAFFA 1975: in a place where fishing is regulated fished for freshwater fish or eels by means of an unlicensed instrument, namely rod and line.

Fined £37, costs £127 and victim surcharge £20. 
(2) Section 35(3) SAFFA 1975 failed to state his address to a water bailiff having power to make such a request. 
Fined £37.

Angelo Gouveia of Franklin Avenue, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross was found fishing illegally at Southend Farm Lakes, Essex on 01 May 2013. Gouveia pleaded guilty at the court and was fined £267 and was ordered to pay costs of £127 and a victim surcharge of £26.
(1) Section 27(1)(A) SAFFA 1975: fishing for freshwater fish or eels than by means of an unlicensed instrument, namely rod and line.
Fined £267, costs £127 and victim surcharge £26. 

(2) Byelaw 10 of the Environment Agency National Byelaws 2001 made pursuant to Section 211(3) Water Resources Act 1991, Schedule 25 paragraph 6(1)(a) left a rod and line with a bait or hook in the water unattended and in a position that immediate physical control could not be exercised over the said rod and line.
No separate penalty.

Lesley Robertson, Environmental Crime Team Leader, said: “Leaving fish baited on a hook while the angler sleeps threatens the health and wellbeing of the fish and there are byelaws in place to protect them.

"The byelaw states that anglers should be able to exercise “immediate physical control” over their rods whilst fishing. When anglers are found unable to comply with this it is our duty to take action.”
“Those who avoid fishing legally with a rod licence will also be caught.  Anglers should ensure they are properly licensed before going out to enjoy this worthwhile hobby.”

All rod licence income is used by the Environment Agency on work to improve fish stocks and facilities for anglers, therefore anybody who fails to buy a licence is reducing the benefits received by the majority of law abiding anglers.

An annual rod licence for the 2013/14 season remains at 2011 prices, costing £27 for non-migratory trout and char and freshwater (coarse) fish, smelt and eels or £72 for salmon and migratory trout. Concessionary licences, which cost £5, are available to junior anglers (aged 12-16). Anglers under 12 do not require a licence.

Anglers over 65 and anyone with a Blue Badge parking concession or in receipt of Disability Living Allowance also pays the concessionary adult rate of £18 (non-migratory trout and char and freshwater (coarse) fish, smelt and eels) and £48 (salmon and migratory trout).

One to eight-day licences for occasional anglers are also available for £3.75 and £10 (non-migratory trout and char and freshwater fish and eels) or £8 and £23 (salmon and migratory trout).
Licences may be bought from post offices, via the Environment Agency website (www.environment-agency.gov.uk/fish) or by dialling 0844 800 5386.

Back to top Go down
http://Rivertac.org
David Harvey

David Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:13 pm

The can of worms is open....

What do we think, what do you do if you night fish.
Back to top Go down
Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell

Male Posts : 560

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:15 pm

Sure I saw this story a while back and there was more too it but cant remember details.
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

Male Posts : 2557

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 9:27 pm

the way eye sea it, is this, if you intend to sleep, make sure you are with in arms length or 2 of the rod, and the tent in not done up, that way if buzzer goes off, you can get the rod easerly, and make sure you have a fishing licence
Back to top Go down
Ed Randall

Ed Randall

Male Posts : 3326

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:48 am

Maybe sleeping and unable to attend his rods = inebriated?
Back to top Go down
Paul Snell

Male Posts : 437

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:28 am

Presumably they were found to be "asleep at the eel".
Back to top Go down
AndyWilliams

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 2:45 am

Hundreds of anglers are gonna get fined then, people have been night fishing asleep for years.

Where is the evidence that fish get harmed whilst night fishing??

Also if your night fishing and asleep, surely you wont be sound asleep, your on alert.

Crazy IMO
Back to top Go down
Adrian Hoare

Adrian Hoare

Male Posts : 1438

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:32 am

Sounds like they mean business now . Although I'm always on top of my rods whenever I fish , if at night I'm the same and don't shut my eyes at all . And Nowadays i buy two licenses incase I have two out for carp/pike and one catching lives for use on the pike rod .

Last edited by Adrian Hoare on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ed Randall

Ed Randall

Male Posts : 3326

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 am

I think it boils down to the licence thing, and because of that they threw the book at them, particularly the guys who refused to give addresses.
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:09 am

Adrian Hoare wrote:
Sounds like they mean business now . Although I'm always on top of my rods whenever I fish , if at night I'm the same and don't shut my eyes at all . And Nowadays i buy three licenses incase I have two out for carp/pike and one catching lives for use on the pike rod .

I know we all love fishing, but "I'm always on top of my rods whenever I fish", I'm am not going to say no more on this matter

some one needs Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines 814622154 

Back to top Go down
Adrian Hoare

Adrian Hoare

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 am

Hahaha Keith I don't mean literally !! I have my bed chair next to the rods if carp fishing , if barbel fishing I use a chair and watch the tips all night . Always worry about waking up one morning and finding all my gear gone , that's why I choose not to sleep on the bank .
Back to top Go down
William Pettigrew

William Pettigrew

Male Posts : 1125

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:22 am

ade,3 licences? you use 6 rods?
Back to top Go down
Adrian Hoare

Adrian Hoare

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:31 am

Lol sorry I mean two licenses three rods hahaha shows how wide awake I am . Not lol

Had a few g n t's last night
Original message amended lol!

Last edited by Adrian Hoare on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adrian Hoare

Adrian Hoare

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 8:40 am

Keith I reckon you should be the inventor of a bedchair to go on top of the rods , suspended by bank sticks :-)
Back to top Go down
Keith Collett

Keith Collett

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:11 am

I am working on some think right now, have some thing planed, pics and vid coming soon

:study: 

scratch 

Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines 2175969594 

pirat 
Back to top Go down
Adrian Hoare

Adrian Hoare

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 9:29 am

Good stuff Keith ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kevin Russell

Kevin Russell

Male Posts : 560

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Where theres a Crab theres a solution Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines 3344640527 
Back to top Go down
David Harvey

David Harvey

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines EmptySat Sep 21, 2013 7:48 pm

Can only think these guys were out of it, and had to be woken up.

I seldom do nights on the river these days, but if I do it's a snooze with the alarm remote by my head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines   Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines Empty

Back to top Go down

Sleeping while fishing with unlicensed rod nets fines
Page 1 of 1